Blog Swaps, Top 5, and Anal April 14, 2010Posted by jeneypeney in 20sb, a little help from my friends, being appropriate is overrated, blog swap, shenanigans.
It’s not that often that you meet someone you are comfortable talking about anal with after only knowing them for less than ten minutes.
She has graciously allowed me to take over her little corner of the internet today in honor of yet another 20SB Blog Swap. In return, she’s going to entertain you over here at the Fish Bowl.
Hello followers of Jeney.
I’m Kirsten. Jeney and I were matched together…on Match.com. We are dating. Probably in love by now. She doesn’t put out much, but luckily for her I enjoy talking with her and she makes me delicious sandwiches.
Okay, I’m being slightly dishonest. We aren’t romantically linked.. and she hasn’t made me a sandwich..YET. The real story is that we were matched on 20sb.net recently. And today we are switching blogs and writing an awesome post for each other. If you like what you see you can come visit me here http://bellyshirts.wordpress.com (shameless self promotion).
So the topic of this blog switch thing is “The Best Thing About Being a Blogger”. Well, I can’t combine my blogger love to just one thing. So I’m going to be a rebel here and make a list. You might call it, a really great list.
I enjoy doing things list style. It makes me seem way more organized than I actually am and way more official. I’m a serious blogger, you guys. Ok so here goes:
MY TOP 5 REASONS BEING A BLOGGER IS SUPER AWESOME:
1. It is okay to stalk people with your camera: For example, I have been known to follow a guy with a rat tail through the supermarket in order to get an adequate picture of him with my camera phone. And when people loudly whisper for me to “Stop!” and “You are embarrassing me!” I can just turn around, stare at them, and be all “IT’S FOR MY BLOG.” Problem solved.
2. Spending countless hours on the internet is recommended: I’d go as far to say this is mandatory. People can’t make fun of you for being anti social or a computer geek because it is RESEARCH. For your JOB. Okay, for me at least, blogging is sadly not my actual job, but it sounds better that way.
3. You look like you have way more friends than you actual do: My real life friends never comment on my blog. I just assume they don’t know how to navigate the internet instead of the possibility that they suck and don’t enjoy my hilarious thoughts. However my blog friends, they always comment and we have great conversations. And then my real life friends are all “Who is that Carissa girl who comments on your blog?!” and I’m all, um she’s my friend. And then they ask how we met and I have to distract them with my ribbon dancer skills or something to get them to change the subject.
4. The blogger community is usually way cooler than any normal community: Seriously, the bloggers I’ve connected with are pretty awesome. One of them made me a turtle out of cheese once (although she ate it and didn’t send it across the country..rude) and another one is intent on me flying out to visit (it’s totally not as creepy as it sounds). And even Jeney here started talking about anal to me in our very first email conversation. The blogger community is great and unique and they have your back. Which leads me to point 5…
5. You can talk about whatever you want and SOMEONE always can relate: One time I wrote about how I try to have serious legal conversations with lawyers based solely on what I’ve learned from Law and Order.. and it turned out one of my blogger friends does the same thing! We are all weirdos (aka awesome) and we embrace it. No matter what the situation or topic, someone can always relate and share a story.
So those are my 5 reasons why being a blogger is the best. I hope that while reading this post, if you didn’t have a blog already, you stopped reading and made one immediately because you realized being a blogger is the coolest thing ever. If not, make one now. I’ll allow it. And for those of you who do have a blog, congratulations on being awesome. Let’s be friends. But not more than friends… Jeney will get jealous.
20SB Blog Swap – Crunch, Crunch, Swish October 26, 2009Posted by jeneypeney in 20sb, a little help from my friends, blog swap, the midwest.
Because today is not about me over here in the Fish Bowl… it’s about Doniree! She is my lovely partner for the 20SB Blog Swap and she is taking over my blog. If you went to see me, I’m over at her place. But you should go over there anyway because she kind of rocks. And now, I give you Doniree…
I love the simple beauty that is Autumn, how it feels like a whisper. The bright heat from summer has retreated, the bitter cold of winter hasn’t stormed in yet. Autumn plays somewhere in the middle of the two, a quiet memory of things recent and a hushed whisper of things to come.